If you choose to invest in a mobile strategy, it is important your app development process coincides with a structured plan. Below is a suggested plan for forming a mobile strategy.
1. Analyze your target audience: You probably have a good idea of who your brand’s audience is. It is valuable to layer this information with readily available data on mobile consumers.
2. Set goals and objectives: Begin this by generating quantifiable, measurable performance indicators so that as an app is managed, its marketing effectiveness can be assessed.
3. Define the user experience: Put yourself in the end-user’s shoes and establish what they will need from the application. It is absolutely imperative that you consider how your users will behave within the app, and the immersive experience it creates.
4. Choose the platform(s): Based on your analysis of the target audience, determine what platform(s) are best suited for their needs. Do they need an iOS or Android app? Are they using smartphones or tablets?
5. Select Features: Select the app’s features necessary to create the user experience drafted earlier. It’s important to give the users what they need, or the app will be of little consequence.
6. Develop: This is a crucial step. Be sure you’re using an experienced, full-service app developer who can meet both your short-term and long-term needs. Can your developer accommodate for your app as your goals change? Increasingly, it is also important to find a developer with a dynamic content management system that allows for real-time updates and quick adjustments to feature-sets.
7. Release: Developing an app is only half the battle. So you’ve created the app for your users, now tell them about it! Generate some immediate feedback, and spark crucial WOM marketing.
8. Monitor and Update: It’s important to note that with this evolving technology, new features are created and enhanced every day. Content needs to stay fresh and relevant, so that users are engaged and develop a habit using the app. As your mobile strategy matures, you will gain valuable insights into your consumers’ behaviors and values. Use this information to continuously engage your audience and tailor your offer accordingly.
Metrics are also central to your ongoing strategy. Make sure you have the ability to track customer behavior and activity. This will allow you to see what is important to your users, how your users are spending their time in your app, and trend usage statistics over time.