Have a question?
Let’s face it, the AVAI Mobile platform can do a lot! And we don’t expect you to always remember all the ways you can customize your app to suit your organization’s growing needs. So we’ve put together a list of questions and answers that will help you navigate the many available features within your app. In some cases showing is better than telling, for this we provide a library of training videos available here. We hope you’ll find these helpful, but if you don’t find what you are looking for be sure to reach out to your project or account manager for assistance. We are always happy to help!
Yes. 1-3 columns are recommended.
Locations can be updated through the collection if a collection exists for those locations. If not, the locations can be updated under the Map item in the CMS.
- locate already created Stages menu
- select Stages Menu and add a new item by selecting the New Item button located at the top of the CMS
- the New Item will prompt options to choose a new item – select Location
- name the location and hit Publish
- select Stage name on the left panel to display page editor
- locate the Edit button and make your edits
- locate already created schedule/calendar on content tree
- click on calendar to display editor window
- locate and select Add Event
- fill event info (title, frequency, date, time, location (if applicable), target and content
- hit Save button to save work
Note: You can publish an event or keep it unpublished until the event is ready to go live.
Yes. Set times, end times, and locations can be hidden and re-enabled.
Users can share PIN numbers with each other for a defined period of time (default 24 hours). Using GPS location services, they will be able to track each other in an outdoor location. A regular GPS map from AMP will display the friends location.
UDC data can be accessed from the content tab in the CMS. You will need to edit the form you want data from and select “generate export”.
Analytics are located in the Authoring Site. Check the Dashboard for the download numbers and heat map for locations.
Active Users – all those who have the app downloaded.
Unique Users – new users that have downloaded the app over a certain period of time.
- go to setting in your iPhone
- scroll to the desired app
- scroll to the device token
Remember: Copy and paste the token number to avoid errors
- open app
- locate the side menu icon on the homepage
- navigate to settings
- choose ‘Mobile Sync Settings’
- locate the ‘Device Token’ to copy
Remember: copy/paste the token number to avoid errors.
Yes. To send a test push message to your device, you will need your app’s device token. Drop the token into the Specific Device field in the Push Message Author site.
For iOS, the name can only be changed with a new submission.
For Android, the app name can be changed at anytime. Note, iOS and Android may not match.
Yes. You can unpublish the Inbox.
Check with your PM prior to creating topics to ensure Topic Subscriptions is enabled.
How to create Topic Subscriptions
- create a menu and name it do_not_delete and make sure it is unpublished.
- click on the do_not_delete menu and add a new item by selecting the New Item button located at the top of the CMS.
- the New Item will prompt options to choose a new item – select Subscription Manager
- name the menu Top Subscriptions and hit Save
- click the Topic Subscriptions menu to add a new item by selecting the New Item button located at the top of the CMS
- the New Item will prompt and item – select Subscription Topic
- name the new item to your chosen topic and hit Save
Once your topic(s) are created, you can Publish the menu and reach out to your PM to complete the last steps.
You can restore content in some situations, contact your PM for more information.
We recommend you locate a menu that is not often visited in the live app and move the menu you want to test into it. Contact your PM for additional assistance.
- locate already created Schedule/Calendar on content tree
- click on the Calendar to display editor window
- locate and click Add Event
- fill event info
- location (if applicable)
- hit Save button to save work
Tip: You can publish an event or keep it unpublished until the event is ready to go live.
- locate already created Schedule/Calendar menu on content tree
- click on Schedule menu to display editor window
- locate the event to edit
- locate the Unpublished button at top right of the page and select
To publish, follow the same steps above but select the Publish button.
Yes, you can delete the countdown timer.
- go to the menu where the header associated with the countdown timer resides.
- locate the image and click on the Delete button next to it.
- hit Save
- locate countdown place – generally placed on the homepage.
- click on the chosen menu and navigate to the New Item button to add new item.
- The New Item button will prompt options – choose Header
- Configure header settings
- check Display Header as a Rotating Image (drag to re-order)
- click on Add Image button
- click on Select Image to prompt Image Explorer
- choose a folder to upload your header artwork and upload
- select image and click on the Select Image button
- navigate to Text on Image and select the Countdown Clock
- configure the following:
- Countdown Start Date/Time
- Countdown Time Zone
- Countdown Text
- Expired Countdown Text
- hit Save
- locate and click on Rotating Images Styling button
- configure Image Settings and Title Block Settings – configurations will vary depending on how you want the countdown time to appear such as the font color and size
- hit Save to exit Rotating Image Styling
- select Publish to publish countdown timer
Tip: to confirm countdown timer is configured to your needs, check your test build app.
that lives on dreary lane?
Looks like it
Don’t know, please ask again